If my pipes burst, how do I shut off my water?

In the event of a broken water pipe, it’s important to shut off your water as soon as possible. The City has put together an instructional video explaining how to open your water meter lid and turn off your water. Watch the video to learn what to do!

Review the Cold Weather Plumbing Leak Tips (PDF)

If you need assistance turning off your water, we are here to help! Residents in need of water shut off can call Coppell Public Works 24/7 at 972-462-5150. Additionally, you can contact non-emergency dispatch by calling 972-304-3610 or dialing *247 on your cell phone.

Show All Answers

1. What number should I call if I have questions or need assistance?
2. Are the roads passable?
3. Will trash and recycling be picked up?
4. If my pipes burst, how do I shut off my water?
5. Does Coppell have a warming center?
6. Will I need a permit to have plumbing repairs completed if I have a pipe break?
7. Does the City have any control over the distribution of electricity?
8. How do I contact Oncor?