The automatic book return quickly checks in items, prints hold slips for the next user, and sorts items into the right bin. This helps us quickly get items back on the shelf for the next person to enjoy!
Here are a few tips for using the automatic book return.
- Return items one at a time. If two or more items are stacked on the conveyor belt at a time, items may not be checked in and thus remain checked out on your account.
- Print a receipt after you return your items for confirmation.
- If the automatic return is not working, please use the manual book drop located to the right.
- The interior book return does not automatically check-in items. You may prefer to return items in the drive-thru and then come into the library to check-out more items.
- Lost items returned in the automatic book return will be manually checked in by staff.