The City of Coppell is on a mission to make it easier for residents to get all of the information they need to stay up to date with the community, and city staff has been working diligently to design a brand-new website to make it easier to stay connected! Before the site is officially launched in early February, the City is requesting feedback on the new design. Help City staff highlight the hiccups to ensure that the new site exceeds the community’s high standards!
If you spot an error, come across a broken link or want to offer a suggestion, simply email us to let us know.
The goal of the website redesign project was to go beyond a simple website update. Instead, the City wanted to truly recreate the user experience. In addition to updated graphics and a clean look, the new website is fully ADA compliant, mobile friendly, makes accessing City services easier and more intuitive, and offers multiple ways for residents to stay connected with the City.
Inside the New Website
Along with the fresh look, the website’s new and enhanced features include:
- Easy-to-use navigation and a variety of search options, including a homepage search bar, drop-down menus, interactive calendar and graphic links
- A responsive design that provides consistent viewing on any device or computer
- A customizable Notify Me subscription feature that allows residents to receive City news and information on specific topics of interest
- Updated and simplified content throughout, in a scannable format
- Prominent buttons to make it easier to sign up for alerts, pay utility bills and apply for permits
- Customized and expanded pages for the Cozby Library and Community Commons, Coppell Police, Coppell Fire, and Coppell Parks and Recreation to help patrons quickly find classes, activities or public safety information
The new website comes six years after the City’s last website update. The City of Coppell partnered with CivicPlus, a leading government website provider, to analyze current site data, create a new look and layout based on this data, and build out the City’s new digital space. The new platform comes with CivicPlus’s proprietary content management system, which makes it significantly easier for staff to make changes to the site, saving time and City resources.