June 29, 2023
820 S Coppell Road
Coppell, TX 75019
Bike Safety Rodeo
Thursday, June 29, 2023
In this class for 3rd - 5th Graders, students will learn about basic bicycle and pedestrian safety skills. See event page for more details!
About: Students in this class will learn about basic bicycle and pedestrian safety skills, such as understanding when and where it is safe to cross a street. Safety rules discussed for when students ride bikes will include responsible helmet wear and bike riding etiquette. After the classroom presentation, students will be given time to practice their learned skills around Safety Town.
Please note: this class is intended for children who already know how to ride a bike and can ride without adult assistance. Life Safety Park has a limited number of bicycles with training wheels, and bikes sizes may not be appropriate for all children and/or abilities.
Requirements: Children enrolled in this class should be in 3rd thru 5th Grade ONLY.
- All bike riders must be at least 40' tall to ride.
- Please do NOT bring your own motorized vehicle, push cars, scooters, wagons, tricycles, or bikes to ride around Safety Town.
- We provide bicycles that are 20' tall (with training wheels) that have pedal brakes and 24' tall bikes that have hand brakes.
- Helmets are required in order to ride. LSP provides helmets, but you are welcomed to bring your own! Avoid high ponytails, large bows or other hair accessories, etc.
Other Things to Know:
- Registration required, see event link for details
- Bike riders and parents should wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to class time
- Candid photos may be taken
- Students are highly encouraged to bring their own helmets!
- One parent is required to stay with their child(ren) for this class.
This class involves use of the bicycles by students, and as such parental supervision is required to help maintain a safe learning environment for all students and class attendees.