June 8, 2023
820 S Coppell Road
Coppell, TX 75019
Thursday, June 8, 2023
In this class for 4th - 6th Graders, students will learn about emergency preparedness, while getting some hands-on practice along the way. See full event page for more details!
About: This course is designed to teach 4th-6th graders about severe weather awareness and emergency preparedness. The classroom portion will be interactive with online quizzes and participation, so a smartphone or tablet device is recommended. After the classroom lesson, students will get to participate in a scavenger hunt around Safety Town to create their own emergency kit during a mock emergency situation! Topics include:
- Common North Texas weather hazards
- Difference between a weather 'Watch' and 'Warning'
- Sources of getting emergency information
- Preparedness planning
Requirements: Children enrolled in this class should be in 4th-6th Grade ONLY.
Other Things to Know:
- Registration required; see event link for more details
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to class time
- Candid photos may be taken
- Children will be outside for part of the class; sunscreen is advised
- Parents are encouraged - but not required - to stay with their children for this class
- Please bring a smartphone/tablet device, if possible!