Social Media Guidelines
Purpose of City Social Media Accounts
The City's official social media accounts are intended to present matters of public interest to let Coppell residents, businesses, visitors and other interested parties know about all the great programs, services and events going on in the city. We welcome your positive comments and will do our best to respond to your inquiries in a timely manner. These platforms are moderated online discussion sites, not official public forums.
The appearance of advertising and/or external links and/or opinions expressed by visitors on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the City of Coppell.
Please note, our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7 and are not intended for emergency communications.
Social Media Guidelines
We wish to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue on our social media pages. In that spirit, here are the guidelines for posting comments on any City of Coppell social media account:
- The City of Coppell reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of these guidelines or any applicable laws.
- Comments on City posts must be within the scope of the topic under discussion. Comments or material not topically related to the site, article or post being commented upon will not be permitted.
- Your comments must be civil. They must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language or obscene content.
- No references to the personality of other participants or individuals, or attacks on individual character will be permitted.
- Comments containing any of the following will not be allowed for posting:
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
- Personal attacks, insults or threatening language;
- Plagiarized material; private, personal material published without consent; or potentially libelous material;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but within the specific discussion provided here. Links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- These pages are intended for community issues and not for electoral campaign purposes. Such messages will be removed.