Street Sign Request

The Traffic Control Division is responsible for maintaining all of the traffic/street signs and traffic control markings throughout the City. Technicians keep over 9,000 traffic signs and many hundreds of traffic pavement markings in good condition within the Coppell city limits.

To report a sign that is damaged call the Traffic Control Division at 972-462-5150 Monday through Friday from 7 am to 4:30 pm. For emergency situations after normal business hours and on weekends and holidays, call Coppell Police Dispatch at 972-304-3610. Damage to signs or markings can be reported electronically using the Request for Service form. These are the possible following damages:

  • Damaged
  • Damaged by graffiti
  • Faded
  • Requesting new signage

Installation of Signs

Installation of regulatory signs such as "Stop" or "speed limit" in a new location requires an engineering study and/or ordinance. Requests for these types of signs should be emailed to the Engineering Department or call 972-304-3679.

Please note that stop signs are not used as a means for regulating or controlling speed.