Each year, the Coppell City Council works diligently to ensure that Coppell maintains its high-quality services while also respecting residents' pocketbooks. The City takes pride in its conservative approach to fiscal responsibility and transparency, and continuously receives accolades from outside agencies regarding its financial strategy and prudent budgeting practices. A strong history of effective financial planning has allowed the City of Coppell to respond to both planned and unanticipated impacts with minimal disruption to high-quality services and quality-of-life programs.
Residents are encouraged to get involved in the budget process, attend the public hearings, and provide feedback! Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Budget
The Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget and tax rate of $0.491818 per $100 valuation were approved by City Council at the August 22, 2023, meeting. This budget and tax rate will go into effect October 1, 2023.
Budget & Tax Rate Highlights
- The tax rate of $0.491818 per $100 valuation is lower than the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation.
- This represents the lowest tax rate since at least 1984.
- Total expenditures represent a decrease of approximately 1.31% as compared to the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 adopted budget. This budget includes additional funding to the Capital Replacement Fund to cover the inflationary impact to the cost of purchasing public safety vehicles.
- If the expenses to fully fund the Capital Replacement Fund are subtracted, total expenditures represent an increase of 6.64% as compared to the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 adopted budget. The City is pleased to present a budget that allows us to provide the services our residents expect while also keeping expenditures down.
- The budget was developed as if Rule 3.334 were in effect.
Review the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Annual Operating Budget (PDF).
This publication can be made available in alternative formats, such as Braille or large print, by contacting the ADA Coordinator, or other designated official at 972-462-0022 or TDD 1-800-RELAY, TX 1-800-735-2989.
Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget
The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget and tax rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation were approved by City Council at the September 13, 2022, Council meeting. The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget and tax rate went into effect on October 1, 2022.