Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget
The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget and tax rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation were approved by City Council at the September 13, 2022, Council meeting. The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget and tax rate will go into effect on October 1, 2022.
Each year, the Coppell City Council works diligently to ensure that Coppell maintains its high-quality services while also respecting residents' pocketbooks. The City takes pride in its conservative approach to fiscal responsibility and transparency, and continuously receives accolades from outside agencies regarding its financial strategy and prudent budgeting practices. A strong history of effective financial planning has allowed the City of Coppell to respond to both planned and unanticipated impacts with minimal disruption to high-quality services and quality-of-life programs.
FY 2022-2023 Highlights
- The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 tax rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation is lower than the current rate of $0.5800 and the no new revenue rate of $0.519193.
- This represents the lowest tax rate since at least 1990.
- Total Fiscal Year 2022-2023 expenditures represent an increase of approximately 11.27% over the current year's adopted budget. Fully funding the City's Capital Replacement Fund and Enterprise Solutions Replacement Fund are the primary factors contributing to this increase.
- If the expenses to fully fund the Replacement Funds are subtracted, total expenditures increased by only 2.66%. In an inflationary period of nearly 9%, City staff is pleased to present a budget that allows us to provide the services our residents expect while also keeping expenditures down.
- The budget was developed as if Rule 3.334 were in effect.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
Review the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
This publication can be made available in alternative formats, such as Braille or large print, by contacting the ADA Coordinator, or other designated official at 972-462-0022 or TDD 1-800-RELAY, TX 1-800-735-2989.