City Secretary's Office
The mission of the City Secretary’s Office is to change the perception of government through transparent and open processes while providing a bridge between citizens and their elected officials. The responsibilities of the City Secretary are established by the City Charter and local ordinances, as well as applicable state laws. Responsibilities include:
- Provide notice of City Council meetings and maintain the minutes of the proceedings of such meetings in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Coordinate the application and appointment process for City boards and commissions.
- Serve as the election administrator for the city and is responsible for conducting all City elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas.
- Provide records as requested through the Texas Public Information Act.
- Serves as custodian of all ordinances and resolutions of the City.
- Serves as records management officer for the City.
The City Secretary holds the Texas Registered Municipal Clerk's designation through the Texas Municipal Clerks Association Certification Program. This ensures that Coppell's City Secretaries are trained and educated with the latest laws and procedures regarding their official duties.
Coppell City Secretary’s Office Awarded Municipal Clerk’s Office Achievement of Excellence
The Texas Municipal Clerks Association (TMCA) has awarded the City Secretary’s Office with the 2023 Municipal Clerk’s Office Achievement of Excellence.
TMCA's Municipal Clerk's Office Achievement of Excellence Award was designed to recognize excellence in the effective and efficient management of resources in a municipal clerk’s office. Municipal clerk’s offices are rated on twelve best practices criteria, including professional requirements, promotion of the office, engagement with elected officials and community, and compliance with local, state, and federal standards.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The City of Coppell acknowledges its responsibility to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Thus, in order to assist individuals with disabilities who require special services (i.e. sign interpretative services, alternative audio/visual devices, and amanuenses) for participation in or access to the City of Coppell sponsored public programs, services, and/or meetings, the City requests that individuals makes requests for these services seventy-two (72) hours – three (3) business days ahead of the scheduled program, service, and/or meeting. To make arrangements, contact Kori Allen, ADA Coordinator, or other designated official at (972) 462-0022, or (TDD 1-800-RELAY, TX 1-800-735-2989).