Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program
The Coppell Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program is designed to assist small businesses who have endured financial distress due to COVID-19. The grant program has been established to aid small businesses with their rent/mortgage. All eligible small businesses, as defined by the SBA, can apply to receive a maximum grant of $10,000. To be eligible for the grant, the business must meet specific criteria detailed below. ***This is a one-time grant. Businesses that received a Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance grant during the first round are not eligible to apply.***
The Coppell City Council has dedicated an additional $1,800,000 to the Coppell Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program. Businesses may only receive this grant one time. To qualify, a business:
- Must be located within the city limits of Coppell and must be in current compliance with the City of Coppell Code of Ordinances, including all applicable zoning and land use ordinances;
- Must not be in any litigation with the City of Coppell;
- Must have a physical store front in the City of Coppell;
- Must have a current utility bill showing a Coppell address for the business (or proof that utilities are covered through the rent payment for the business);
- Must attest that they have lost $10,000 or greater in sales/business over the last two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Required Documentation for the Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program
The following documentation must be provided by the business at the time of application:
- A completed application.
- A signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release Agreement for the County in which the business is located.
- A copy of the Certificate of Occupancy for the business.
- A copy of a current utility bill showing a Coppell address for the business.
The grant application will be available at 10:00 a.m. on July 13, 2022. The application will not be accessible prior to this date and time. Applicants will receive an email if their application was successfully submitted. If the applicant does not receive an email, that means the application was not received.
There will be a continuous call for applications until all funds have been distributed or reallocated by City Council. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Staff will review applications once per week. Businesses will be notified if they are a recipient of grant funds, and the recipient business will be responsible for turning in all necessary paperwork provided by the city of Coppell by a specified date to receive their grant. Applicants will be notified once their grant is approved. At that time, all additional paperwork will be sent to applicant to complete before payment can be made.
***Please be aware that grants are considered gross income that is taxable to a business receiving the grant under the Internal Revenue Code.***
If you have questions, please email Mindi Hurley at email@example.com.