'Tis the season for lights, gatherings and holiday magic! The City of Coppell has several events for the whole family to enjoy this holiday season. Check back often for updates.
Holiday Scavenger Hunt
TBD - Friday, January 6, 2023
Holiday fun is hidden all over the city!
Back by popular demand, the annual Holiday Scavenger Hunt runs through Friday, January 6, 2023. To participate in the hunt, simply solve the clues, find each of the five holiday ambassadors hidden around town, pose for a photo with each, and then upload the photos to social media with the hashtag #coppellholidays! Be sure to tag the City of Coppell on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. There are multiple holiday-themed ambassadors hidden around Coppell, but only a special few will earn Coppell's holiday enthusiasts a prize, so consider the clues carefully!
One clue will be posted daily to the City of Coppell's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. After a clue is posted, take a look around town and find the holiday ambassador to snap a selfie. All five clues will be released on Friday, December 2 and posted below.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Solve the clues once posted
- Snap a photo at each of the five holiday ambassadors specified in the clues
- Upload your photos to social media with the hashtag #coppellholidays and tag the City of Coppell
- Stop by Town Center, 255 Parkway Boulevard, to claim your prize (while supplies last)!
Participants have through January 6, 2023, to pose with the special holiday ambassadors.
Holiday Scavenger Hunt Clues:
What is Fa La La La Lights?
Coppell residents and businesses are invited to celebrate with us by decorating homes, yards, or storefronts for our annual holiday lights competition! Show your holiday spirit by adorning your space with lights and other festive décor. Unleash your creativity and bring a smile to your friends and neighbors by showing us your holiday best!
Beginning Friday, December 2, a virtual map with the locations of all registered participants will go live so you can plan a walk or drive around the neighborhood and city to see and share in the celebration. Citizens are encouraged to visit each location and vote on their favorite.
There are two ways to participate:
- Decorate your home, yard, or storefront for judging or simply for fun!
- Check out our map and explore your community beginning Friday, December 2.
Decorate Your Home, Yard, or Storefront
Step 1: Register Your Display
- Registration is FREE but is only open to residences and businesses with a physical Coppell address.
- Registration is now open, and must be submitted no later than 5 pm on Monday, November 28. Late registrations will not be accepted. REGISTER HERE.
- Addresses will be added to our Fa La La La Lights map that will go live on Friday, December 2.
- We must receive a picture of your nighttime display no later than 12 pm on Friday, December 2 to be included in voting. Photos may be sent by email to email@example.com.
- As a special thank you, the first 50 participants to register will receive a Coppell Fa La La La Lights lawn sign. Signs can be picked up at Town Center on Monday, November 28 - Thursday, December 1 from 8 am - 5 pm, or at The CORE on Friday, December 2 from 8 am - 8 pm.
Step 2: Decorate Your Space
- Show us your best holiday spirit! Get creative and have fun while unleashing your creativity and inspiring hope for your friends and neighbors.
- Spaces must be fully decorated by 5 pm on Friday, December 2, and able to stay up until Sunday, January 1, 2023.
- Displays must be appropriate for a family-friendly audience.
Explore Your Community
Explore, Celebrate, Share
- Check the Fa La La La Lights Map to find all the locations to explore.
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood, drive through other neighborhoods and visit businesses on the map. Take pictures of the displays you find and tag us on social to help share the joy! #FaLaLaLaLights
- The more people who take part, the more celebration there is to share, so get your friends and neighbors involved!
Vote and Check out Results
- Pictures of the decorated spaces will be posted on the Coppell Parks & Recreation Facebook page. Followers will be asked to vote via likes for their favorite for our Citizen’s Choice award.
- Check our Instagram and Facebook and follow the hashtags to see all the exciting pictures posted by your friends and family.
- Come back to our pages the afternoon of Monday, December 19 and see the results. Categories awarded will include: Clark Griswold Award (brightest/most lights), Buddy the Elf Holiday Cheer Award, Cindy Lou Who Citizen’s Choice Award.
Rules & Regulations:
- Displays must be fully decorated by 5pm on Friday, December 2 and able to stay up until 8am on Sunday, January 1, and must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Displays should not focus on controversial themes or issues. Use of any social or political material is not permitted.
- Displays are not a place for commercial marketing. Businesses are welcome and encouraged to participate with a focus on the mission of bringing community together.
- The City of Coppell reserves the right to exclude any displays that do not meet our guidelines or that feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Registrations are limited to one entry per household, per location.
- Registration for Fa La La La Lights, photos sent and/or tagging #FaLaLaLaLights with related photos or videos on social media, grants the Coppell Parks Department and City of Coppell permission to use your images and footage on any platform.
Saturday, December 3 | 9 am - Noon
Take a stroll down memory lane, shop local, and spread holiday cheer at Vintage Christmas in Old Town! Stop by participating businesses to enjoy the classic sights, sounds and smells of the season from hot cocoa and candy canes, to crafts, pop up shops and, of course, Santa himself!
Participating businesses and activities:
- Coppell Arts Center - Indoor craft
- Jacaranda - Letters to Santa
- Tattered Style - Pop up shops and a special Christmas treat
- Coppell Farmers Market - Square dance performance, grocery donation booth for Metrocrest Services, craft booth with Createria Studio, and ornament sales benefiting Coppell Assistance League
- Life Safety Park - Holiday Hazard House
- GEORGE Coffee + Provisions - Free kid's hot cocoa with design your own cups
- Tangerine Salon - Pop up market with a variety of vendors
- Let It Shine - Pictures with Santa
- Local Diner - Sweet treats
- Heritage Park - Pick up a candy cane and visit with Mr. and Mrs. Claus
Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting
Saturday, December 3 | 6 - 9 pm
Join us at Coppell's annual kick-off to the holiday season! The lighted parade features beautifully decorated floats built by local groups and businesses, all with twinkling holiday lights! Watch for the top 3 “Best Decorated” floats and pick your favorites as the floats go by. The parade will travel north on Samuel Blvd. to Parkway Blvd., then west to Andrew Brown Park East.
Be a part of the Holiday Parade!
Applications for the Lighted Holiday Parade are now open, and must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, November 25. REGISTER HERE.
Attend the Annual Holiday Tree Lighting
After the parade, head to Andrew Brown Park East for more holiday fun. The crowd will countdown to the lighting of the 65ft tree.
Enjoy festive holiday activities including:
- Santa Photos (please bring your own camera)
- Holiday Crafts
- Teddy Bear Making (fees apply)
- Face Painting
- Holiday Entertainment
- Letters to Santa
- A showing of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on the big screen
- Holiday treats including hot chocolate, popcorn, roasted nuts, fudge, cider and coffees (fees apply)
- Ornament Decorating
- Food Trucks