Parks and Recreation Department
816 S. Coppell Road
PO Box 9478
Coppell, Texas 75019
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Parks and Recreation Department's Community Programs provide public education, involvement opportunities, and services that conserve and protect our region's air, water, land, and human resources.
Solid Waste and Recycling Education - Promotes litter prevention, waste reduction, and the total recycle loop for environmental quality through the city website, literature distribution, teacher training, classes, and public awareness spots in the water bill inserts, CiTV Government Cable Access, and local newspapers.
- Coppell Community Garden - An award winning community program where volunteers use their gardening skills to grow produce for a local food pantry, and the gardens provide environmental education to all ages.
- Community Organics Recycling Education - Seminars, classes, hands-on workshops, and demonstration sites at the Coppell Community Garden trains Master Composters, teachers, students, and the public on recycling yard trimmings through composting. Developed in cooperation with the North Central Texas Council of Governments through project funds from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Keep Coppell Beautiful is a seven member, City Council appointed board.
- Texas Smartscape - Water Conservation Program that includes public education, awareness, and demonstrations. Texas Smartscape TM was developed by the North Central Texas Council of Governments Regional Storm Water Management Program to assist homeowners in selecting plants that are drought tolerant and adapted to this area. Recognitions are held for homeowners that have included these components in their landscapes.
- Community Service and Service Learning Projects - Involves individuals, schools, and organizations in activities and projects that make a difference in the community. Over 1,000 volunteers contribute almost 10,000 hours of service through the community gardens, wildflower planting, litter pick-up, creek clean-up, nature trails, and playground upkeep.
- Arbor Day Posters- All fifth graders in Coppell are eligible to enter the Arbor Day Poster Contest. School and city winners are announced at the Arbor Day Celebration annually during Earthfest. The city of Coppell is also recognized as a Arbor Day Foundation Tree City USA.
- Clean Coppell Earthfest is the annual city wide clean up and culminates at the Town Center for lunch, entertainment and environmental booths. A fun event for the whole family.