Updated: August 2007
1. All inspections may be scheduled online or called in to the automated system at 972-304-3518. Same day inspections will be performed for all inspections phoned in to the recorder before 7 a.m. each weekday.
2. Office hours for inspectors will usually be from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. The office telephone number is 972-304-3500. Extenuating circumstances will vary the hours that the inspectors are in the field.
3. For trash removal, please note that the City of Coppell contracts with Waste Management, Inc. For information regarding dumpster regulations, please contact our Environmental Health Department at 972-462-5100.
4. No construction, whatsoever, may begin until a building permit has been issued, unless otherwise approved by the building inspector.
5. Building addresses must be posted at all times. Numbers must be a minimum of four inches (4") in height, and able to be seen from the street.
6. Addresses must be posted on all temporary electrical poles.
7. City approved building plans must be available on the job site when all inspections are conducted.
8. Each job trailer must have a separate permit in order to be placed on the site.
9. Construction signs must be permitted before they are erected.
Click to download and file a Contractor Registration.