COMMERCIAL PLAN REVIEW SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
Updated: January 2011
To insure the most efficient service, please include this completed form with all commercial plan submissions. Plan submissions that are incomplete will be denied and returned unreviewed. NOTE: The following items should be permitted separately: monument signs, contractor development signs, temporary trailers, etc.
1. Plan review fees are calculated at 65% of the building permit fee.
2. Permit application is completely filled out. General contractor and subcontractors are listed. All general contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the City before permit is issued. No exceptions.
3. Two (2) sets of complete plans are being submitted including: civil package landscape and irrigation plans. Three (3) sets, if a food service establishment. Site plan, Elevations, Foundations & details, Floor plan, Electrical, plumbing, HVAC plans, Structural details If a business is a food service establishment, a Food Establishment Plan Review Application must be submitted with the plans.
4. All sheets are appropriately affixed with original professional seal.
5. The C.O. application form is completed.
6. The Project Data Sheet lists the current building codes, square footage of project, type of construction, occupancy group, and use of facility.
7. The completed Project Registration Form (required by Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation) verifying that the accessibility (handicap) review process is underway, for projects exceeding $50,000.
8. The Plat has been filed.
9. Indicate all energy plans per the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (architect or engineer should supply this information). Completed and signed Compliance Certificate is due at Building Final inspection. ComCheck can be downloaded, at no cost, from: www.energycodes.gov.
Please complete the following, as applicable:
I hereby certify that plans have been reviewed and the building will be inspected by a certified energy code inspector in accordance with State law. Plan review and inspection documentation shall be made available to the Building Inspection Dept. (required for new buildings and additions).
I hereby certify that plans have been submitted to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for Accessibility Review. Control number (not required for one- and two-family dwellings).
FOR DEMOLITIONS, ADDITIONS, AND / OR ALTERATION TO COMMERCIAL AND PUBLIC BUILDINGS:
I hereby certify that an asbestos survey has been conducted for this structure in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the Texas Department of Health.
Contact person regarding permit review information:
(Printed name) (Signature)
(Date) (Phone Number)