Division Commander: Captain Tony Pletcher
Animal Services Manager: Robert Smith
Animal Services Officer: Tanesha Riggins
Animal Services Officer: Jonathan Horner
Administrative Technician: Nina Williams
Kennel Technician: Erika Laque
821 S. Coppell Road
(Corner of Southwestern Blvd. and S. Coppell Rd.)
P.O. Box 9478
Coppell, Texas 75019
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 1 to 5 p.m.
Field service hours may vary from those listed above.
*Interested in adopting a pet? View Adoption List
The Animal Services Unit of the Coppell Police Department and the Animal Adoption Center are committed to provide efficient and effective operations to the community. This will be done while maintaining a standard of excellence in customer service, providing humane care for domesticated animals, and working to mitigate human/wildlife interaction issues. This will be accomplished through teamwork, commitment to service, social outreach, community engagement and public education.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide a fully operational animal services facility for adoptions and a holding facility for stray and quarantined animals.
- Respond to calls for service in a timely manner.
- Provide educational programs to the community regarding responsible pet ownership and other animal services related issues.
- Raise citizen awareness with regards to sharing space with wildlife.
- Develop a positive visible presence in the community. This will be accomplished via patrol activities as well as through utilization of social media.
- Communicate effectively and timely within the Shelter.